How we're different
A different way of doing business
While other businesses focus on the pursuit of profits at all costs, we think about our impact on the world and how we can make it a better place while still giving our customers the best possible service.
We give something back
- We support a range of worthwhile community projects.
- Customers get the chance to share in our profits.
- Our Start-Up Fund helps fledgling social enterprises to fly.
We tread lightly
- Our electricity comes from renewable sources.
- We offset our own CO2 emissions and those of our suppliers.
- We choose ethical suppliers, locally where possible, and treat them fairly.
Thinking global, acting local
We invest in projects that make a difference locally and globally. For example, we've invested £20,000 in Westmill Wind Farm Co-operative, the first onshore wind farm to be built in south-east England. The project has created jobs in our area and it's also a step towards fighting climate change by supplying alternatives to fossil fuels.
On your bike
All staff at The Phone Co-op are offered bicycles to use for their daily commute. That's just one of the ways in which we promote the use of green transport for employees and directors.
Democracy in action
All members are entitled to vote on important decisions at our Annual General Meeting and elect the board of directors. If you want to get even more involved in the running of The Phone Co-op, you can stand for the board yourself.