Work for us
Jobs at The Phone Co-op
Here at The Phone Co-op we are committed to providing outstanding service, and aim to reflect our customers' values in the way we run the business.
The Co-operative Phone & Broadband is part of The Phone Co-op, the only phone and broadband provider in the UK owned and democratically controlled by its customers. We are based in Chipping Norton, Manchester and London.
Full-time Finance Assistant
37.5 hours, salary: £18k - £19k
Initially a temporary 6 month contract with a view to moving to permanent
Based in Chipping Norton
We are seeking a full-time finance assistant for our Chipping Norton office. The main duties include:
- Processing daily bank transactions including cheques, credit/debit card payments and bank transfers
- Allocating payments to customers' accounts
- Opening and distributing the post
- Liaising with Credit Control and Customer Services
Key skills, experience and education requirements:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including maths and English
- Experience of processing data in a timely and accurate way
- Attention to detail
- PC literate including Microsoft Office (intermediate to advanced Excel, Word, Email) - experience of Sage 50 advantageous but not essential
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge
- Good telephone manner and written and verbal communications skills
If you are interested in this position or for more information, please contact Kelly Pearce on 01608 434018, or email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Friday 21st November
37.5 hours; salary: £20k - £22k depending on experience and qualifications
Based in Chipping Norton
Experienced Credit Controller required, to ensure the effective application of credit and collection procedures to maximise cash-flow and minimise bad debt.
Key skills required:
- Telephone skills including dealing with difficult customers
- Negotiating skills
- IT skills including competency in Word and Excel
- Motivational skills (i.e. motivating customers to pay)
- Team-working and co-operation skills
If you are interested in applying for this position or for more information and job spec, please contact Lisa Logan 01608 434016, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 21st Nov 2014
Previous applicants need not apply.
The Co-operative Phone & Broadband is part of The Phone Co-op, the only phone and broadband provider in the UK owned by its customers. We have a different way of doing business. While other businesses focus on the pursuit of profits at all costs, we think about our impact on the world and how we can make it a better place while still giving our customers the best possible service.
We give something back
- We support a range of worthwhile community projects.
- Customers get the chance to share in our profits.
- Our Start-Up Fund helps fledgling social enterprises to fly.
We tread lightly
- Our electricity comes from renewable sources.
- We offset our own CO2 emissions and those of our suppliers.
- We choose ethical suppliers, locally where possible, and treat them fairly.
Here at the Phone Co-op we are committed to developing a team to offer our members and customers outstanding service, reflecting their personal values in the way we do business.
We offer an excellent benefits package; 5 weeks holiday plus statutory holidays, a non-contributory pension scheme with generous employer contributions, bonus and profit share arrangements. In addition we think we have a great team to work with.