On day twenty sixth of our charity advent calendar we’re supporting:
Did you know that ten million people in the UK live with arthritis? That’s one in six people.
This Christmas, 7 out of 10 people will most likely miss out on family and social activities. By supporting Arthritis Action you can help a loved one get the expert advice they need to manage their condition themselves. Help us remember those with arthritis this Christmas!
Arthritis Action’s vision is for people to live active lives, free from the impact of arthritis.
Our aim is to empower people with arthritis to take control of their lives, manage their condition and reduce the need for medical intervention.
Working in partnership with Members, health professionals, researchers, arthritis experts and other charities is very important to us.
How we do this:
- All our services are based on research and credible evidence.
- We work with a range of health professionals.
- Each Member is encouraged to engage with our professional staff and Associated Practitioners. They receive advice on healthy eating and weight management, exercise, clinical appointments and education leading to an individualised self-management plan.
- We encourage people to come together locally by running Arthritis Action Groups. This provides opportunities to reduce isolation, share experiences and tips of living with arthritis, and to experience learning more about self-management and reducing the pain of arthritis.
- We run Self-Management Events to educate Members and non-members in various ways, enabling them to take control of their arthritis and therefore their lives.