By Pat Moral
Post Office Mobile has given three months' notice to their customers to find a new provider before the service stops in August. Their PAYG service launched just over a year ago.
If you are one of the affected customers make sure you request your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC number) from Post Office Mobile by the 4th of August, so you can keep your existing number with your new provider.
- Per second billing, only charging you for what you use
- Tailor-made bundles from £5 per month. Why not try our best-selling £10 bundle with 250 minutes, 3000 texts and 500MB data
- Award winning customer service: we won the 2015 Best Consumer Facing Social Enterprise award
- Order one of our free SIMs online
- Put your new SIM in your phone and dial 1250 to activate it.
- Top-up online or over the phone using a debit/credit card, or in store by using a top-up voucher that you can buy at any Payzone or PayPoint outlet
- If you want to keep your existing number call us on 01608 434 434 with your PAC number as soon as you get it from your old provider. It will take up to 48 hours for your old number to transfer over to us