In this section
- Why join us
- Become a member
- Existing Members
- Phone Co-op Champions
- Board of Directors
- AGM 2016
- Half Yearly Meeting
Why join us
The Phone Co-op is a consumer co-operative. That means we are 100% owned by our customers and run solely for their benefit.
We actively encourage all our customers to become members and therefore part-owners of the co-operative, to help us develop and grow. Because of this we can focus on providing value and good service rather than making money for outside investors.
Wouldn't you like to be a part of that?
- Earn interest on your share capital
- Share in the decisions affecting your co-operative
- Profits are shared between members
- Everyone in your household can be a member in their own right, as long as they can sign their own name
- Make a withdrawal without notice or penalty
Still need more convincing?
- We treat our customers as we would like to be treated, and reflect their personal values in the way we do business
- Helping other co-ops and social enterprises
- We believe that co-operatives are good business citizens and we'd like to see more of them.
These are some of the ways in which we support other co-ops and encourage the wider adoption of the co-operative model:
- Each year we pay a proportion of our profits into a Co-operative and Social Economy Development Fund to help new and expanding co-operatives
- We give preference to buying from other co-ops where possible
- To help new and expanding social enterprises and co-operatives with their telecoms costs, we offer Start-up & Expansion funding of up to £250
- We invest in other co-operatives and community owned businesses.
How to join
Just complete our Membership application form and return it with your initial investment.
You can invest more, or make a withdrawal, at any time.